LOCATION: US – CA – ROAMING – SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
The objective of the Roaming Janitor is to keep all assigned properties clean and in an orderly condition.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space
- Cleans debris from sidewalks, walkway interior hallways, stairwells, leasing office, landscaping grounds, pool area, and parking lot
- Empties public garbage containers
- Replaces air conditioner filters
- Notifies management concerning need for repairs, lighting needs, safety hazards, and any other issues that affect the appearance of the property
- Performs minor and routine painting, plumbing and other related maintenance activities
- Other jobs as assigned by Resident Manager
- Must have a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have at least three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to speak and write in English fluently
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Required to frequently stand; walk; use hands to finer, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to get to hard to reach spaces
- Required to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Vision abilities required to successfully work in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
Safety and Security: All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Ability to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with other tenants, staff, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to meet the needs of the Company even with rapidly changing external and internal demands without wavering in professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to accommodate and strategize, with minimal to no advance- notice as job assignment and priorities change
Matthews Property Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Matthews Property Services, LLC is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.