LOCATION: US – CA – WOODLAND HILLS
The Maintenance Manager is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and grounds of all assigned properties.
- Directs workers engaged in repairs and maintenance, painting and performing structural repairs to walkways, path and building trim, patios, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings including appliances, preparation of units for new tenants and current tenants.
- Manage all repairs and overall maintenance for the preparation of units for new tenants and current tenants.
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and upkeep of buildings which include sweeping, trash pick-up, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows.
- Directs workers in moving appliances and unloading and storing supplies.
- Purchases tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Studies and implements the maintenance schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet required goals.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists workers in solving work problems.
- Reviews for accuracy and signs maintenance and janitorial employees’ timesheets.
- Takes initiative to resolve problems.
- Performs activities of workers supervised
- Directly supervises all maintenance and janitorial employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have at least a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have a minimum of twenty-four months related experience
- Must have an HVAC Certification
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required to successfully work in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
Safety and Security: All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Ability to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with other tenants, staff, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to meet the needs of the Company even with rapidly changing external and internal demands without wavering in professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to accommodate and strategize, with minimal to no advance- notice as job assignment and priorities change
- Ability to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully while being able to develop alternative solutions
- Ability to work well in group problem-solving situations
- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results
Matthews Property Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Matthews Property Services, LLC is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.