LOCATION: US – CA – ROAMING – SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
The objective of the Maintenance Technician is to maintain and repair physical structures of assigned buildings, and maintain overall grounds. This position will be required to travel from property to property as work orders are placed in the tracking system.
- Receives and conducts written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor
- Prepares vacant apartments for “market ready” condition, as directed by supervisor
- Paints and repaints walkways and exterior trim
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses
- Repairs or replaces building brick, tile, stone, and concrete
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings
- Repairs and replaces gas electrical appliances
- Repairs or replaces wood parts of the buildings
- Assists other maintenance staff with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies
- Takes initiative to resolve problems as they arise while keeping the supervisor informed as needed
- Attendance: punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable
- Must have a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have at least twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to speak and write in English fluently
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Required to frequently stand; walk; use hands to finer, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to get to hard to reach spaces
- Required o frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required to successfully work in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
Safety and Security: All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Ability to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with other tenants, staff, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to tenants, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to meet the needs of the Company even with rapidly changing external and internal demands without wavering in professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to accommodate and strategize, with minimal to no advance notice as job assignment and priorities change
- Ability to assess own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Ability to Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to Gather and analyze information skillfully & Develop alternative solutions as needed
- Ability to work well in group problem solving situations.
Matthews Property Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Matthews Property Services, LLC is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.