LOCATION: US – TX – DALLAS
This position is primarily responsible for assisting all Corporate Property Managers in maintaining all aspects of property operations, and planning and measuring property goals by performing the following duties. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that property is rented to the fullest capacity in accordance with the Company Operations Guide and Policies and Procedures Manuals.
- Assists both onsite Property Managers and Corporate Property Managers in the initiation and management of all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, rent collections, and vendor relations, selection and recruitment
- Utilizes Company leasing expectations and procedures to warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally presents the property and apartments, utilizes feature/benefit selling, close the lease and follow-up
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handles accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective resident, a resident, a fellow staff member or vendor
- Takes resident service requests in a complete and accurate manner on Company approved forms, routes them to maintenance for prompt processing and conducts follow-up with residents
- Ensures the leasing office, club room, models, vacant apartments and amenities are clean and present a warm, welcoming image of the property
- Inspects the property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to the Manager or/and maintenance crew
- Preparing available units each morning for showings when applicable
- Completes all lease applications and participates in the verification of applications. Notifies prospective residents of results
- Accepts rents and deposits from residents and prospective residents. Updates on a daily basis all rents, deposits, application and miscellaneous fees received from residents. Deposits all payments received in accordance to Company procedure
- Issues appropriate notices such as late payment, eviction notices, lockout notices, and returned check notices
- Minimizes delinquency through consistent follow-through on collection activities, including phone calls, notices, and personal visits
- Updates daily reports concerning notice to vacate, vacancy reports, activity reports, etc. on a daily basis as scheduled
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases and paperwork
- Performs in the event of the temporary absence of the Resident Manager, assumes the leadership role for the community
- Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicates problems to any necessary party to facilitate resolution
- Creates resident communications such as notices, renewal letters, newsletter and flyers
- Communicates regularly with the Onsite Property Managers and Corporate Property Managers regarding apartment status, traffic activities and suggestions for improved property performance
- Takes initiative to resolve problems
- Must have at least an Associate Degree (A.A.) in Real Estate, Business, or related field
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have at least three months related experience and/or training
- Must be able to speak and write in English fluently
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite Products (Ex: Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision abilities required to successfully work in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
Safety and Security: All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Ability to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with other tenants, staff, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to meet the needs of the Company even with rapidly changing external and internal demands without wavering in professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to accommodate and strategize, with minimal to no advance- notice as job assignment and priorities change
- Ability to deal with clients in a manner that is professional and friendly
Matthews Property Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Matthews Property Services, LLC is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.